Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fan in the Attic

"When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I only had two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home..." The Outsiders

We all need things to feel passionate about, things that occupy our time between the grind of work and more work. These passions or hobbies as some people often refer to them could be things like baseball, golf, basketball and other sports. They could be things like painting or taking pictures. Some people enjoy playing instruments such as the piano or guitar and some people enjoy just listening to good music. Others may prefer to spend their free time reading books and stories. Then there is a crazy and wild group of people and they have a very specific passion. Movies.

For some people this activity is just good, fun entertainment - to others this is life. Those that consider film and movies their life are a sad and pathetic group of people, sort of like Red Sox fans, but like Red Sox Fans (which I am an avid part of) they are unbending and always loyal to those films that they know by heart and love. I am one of those people.

I am, what some people can only describe as, obsessed. I personally would prefer to just call myself passionate, but I can certainly see where these people are coming from. I am twenty years old right now, but in less than one month I will be the grand, all knowledgable age of twenty one. I, like I said before, am an avid Red Sox fan, and therefore am part of a rabid and violent group of fans. I bring that same fury, if not more so to film. I am very much planning and looking forward to a career in film. I would like to be the man sitting on the director's chair, but maybe I will end up writing about it for a living. Who can really know at this point?

Either way that brings us to the point of what you are reading right now. I am constantly talking about movies that I see, so someone very close to me suggested writing a blog about it, so here I am! And here you are reading and hopefully deciding to check back again.

Film is my life. Sure I go to school, I find work when I can and I try and make a good useful life for myself. But movies and film are what make it all worth it for me. I don't see movies because I think its fun, or I have nothing better to do. I see movies because I have to see them. If I don't, I become quite an unpleasant person, so it is always best for me to be seeing movies. Some people have jobs to pay for food, cars, housing and what-not...I earn money to see movies.

What I hope happens with this blog is to inform people with good and honest opinion about the films and movies out there in the world. There are literally thousands and thousands of movies out there, so its hard to know whats good and whats worth seeing. I want to make that easier for people, I want to help people know what is good and know what they should be excited for. And hopefully convince more people to love and appreciate the art form that is film.

As I see movies I will review them here. As I discover new movies, I will talk about them here. So I hope you enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment