Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cillian Murphy-Inception part seven


"You're talking about dreams..."-Fischer-Inception


Cillian Murphy is in my opinion an incredibly underrated actor. He starred as the lead in Danny Boyle's "28 Days Later" He was the bad guy in Wes Craven's "Red Eye" He was incredible in "The Wind that Shakes The Barley" and he was awesome in "Batman Begins" as The Scarecrow aka Dr. Crane. He is now re- teaming with director Christopher Nolan in "Inception".


Murphy recently did an interview with Total Film Magazine where he talked about both "Inception" and possibilities for the untitled Batman 3.


He talked about how he met with Christopher Nolan a little over a year ago and was given just a few short hours to read the script, and was then told to decide which character's he felt best suited for.


"He didn't say 'Take whatever role you want" Murphy explains. "I wasn't going to steal Leonardo DiCaprio's part. But Chris said "I have an idea what might be good for you...Tell me what you think."' and we both agreed. It's different for me. It's not like any character I've played before."


The Character the two agreed on was that of Fischer, a character“central to the narrative of the film” and the mark for the heist. “Chris has talked about it being an existential heist movie and if you take that, I would be a crucial cog in that heist set-up.” said Murphy.


Talking specifically about the film and its emotional tones Murphy had this to say: “The film has a strong emotional core to it – Leo’s character and some of the other characters are trying to work emotional stuff out – but, having said that, it is a big exciting action film. It’s not all about people with their heads in their hands going, ‘Why did I leave that girl?’”


Helping build my excitement and hopefully anybody who is fed up with the whole 3D gimmick, Murphy had this to say of the film, “In this age of 3D and phenomenal special effects, we tend to be a little inured to big movies, like, ‘Whatever…’ But Chris is really going to challenge that with Inception. I don’t doubt it.”


And when the untitled Batman 3 was brought up, Murphy didn't have much to say except he doesn't know many details and he is not campaigning himself to reprise his role as The Scarecrow, but he did say that if Chris wanted him back for it, he would "love to do it"


That is gonna do it for my crazy hyping for this movie for probably the next little while. I am going to focus on some other good movies coming out this summer and help build some excitement for those, but I'm sure before too long I will be dragged, willingly, back to "Inception" because well like Geoff Boucher of the LA Times Hero Complex called it, its "The only film that matters" of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment