Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Dark Knight Rises Prologue: Only on Real 70mm IMAX theaters.

A week or two ago I posted about the prologue scene of The Dark Knight Rises playing before Misson Impossible: Ghost Protocol. Turns out only a select few IMAX theaters will be getting it, only the legit 70mm IMAX screens. I like many fans am not very happy to hear this because there isn't a single 70MM screen within any sort of reasonable distance from where I live. Every single IMAX screen in Utah is digital, and so far its looking like we won't be getting it, hopefully this will change as December gets closer.

While I am mad about it, I understand it. 70mm IMAX screens will be presenting it in picture perfection, after all most the film is filmed in 70mm. I can only imagine how much better it will look on those screens than it would on our digital IMAX projections. still its a pretty low blow to the thousands of fans who don't get to see it.... my fingers are now crossed that they will change this, or at least that it will be released online as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment