Saturday, July 16, 2011

Martin Scorsese's "Hugo" - Official Trailer [HD]

Ok so I talked about a film a while back titled "The Invention of Hugo Cabret". It's Martin Scorsese's first film made for children in his entire brilliant career. It's set in the 1930's, it's about a young boy who is shown a mysterious robot by his father. His father is killed and the boy is orphaned and he tries to discover the secrets of the robot. Now it was filmed in 3D...also a first for Martin Scorsese. Finally a trailer was released and the title has been shortened to just "Hugo".

I'm more than a bit intrigued by this film. Martin Scorsese has made some of the greatest films of all time *cough* Taxi Drive, Raging Bull, Goodfellas...just to name a few... And now suddenly he is doing a kids film? The trailer has given me mixed feelings however. It's quite sappy and cheesy, but then again it is for kids. And the use of Thirty Seconds To Mars in the trailer really grates on my nerves, but even with that the trailer still has some interesting stuff, such as the cast. Jude Law and Ben Kingsley are bother great, especially the latter. I would see him in anything.

I'm still worried though, I know Scorsese isn't untouchable, he has made some flops before (The King of Comedy, New York New York...) but I just want him to continue to be great, just like I wanted Speilberg to always be great until he let us all down with Indiana Jones 4. Scorsese has always been one of my all time favorite directors, I don't want him to make a bad film, especially after doing what I thought was a great film with "Shutter Island" For now I guess i'll just have to cross my fingers and hope that the master delivers again. Check out the trailer below


No comments:

Post a Comment